Comprehensive School Improvement Plan
||The mission of the River's Edge School is to serve students by providing opportunities for them to develop self-awareness leading to personal growth and behavioral change. This will enable them to become active, caring community members and life-long learners. We are committed to help each student find success in school, at work, and in the community. We are dedicated to maintaining a safe environment that promotes individual responsibility, personal achievement, and respect for all individuals.
- Every day is a new day
- Each student can experience success
- Students will be treated with respect and dignity.
- Students need a structured system that delivers reinforcers and consequences.
- Students require a positive and predictable environment.
- Students require individual adaptions.
- Positive relationships between students and staff are developed and encouraged.
- All students should be accepted for who they are and from where they have been.
- Students should be given the opportunity to gain necessary skills to move forward with their lives.
||Systematic use of research based practices that affect all students and result in academic and behavioral gains.
- Teachers will implement language arts practices that combine techniques for academics, behavior modification, and instruction with 15% of students moving from below basic to basic & basic to proficient or advanced on SRI testing each school year.
- Student academic and behavior achievement will improve through increased teacher use of research-based instruction in math practices with an increase of 10% of students passing pre/post testing in the area of math each school year.
- Implement transitional activities at the new school location that create a positive climate and culture for all stakeholders as measured by yearly ISQ Survey.
A full copy of this plan is available in the school office.