River's Edge School is located at 319 West 11000 South in the city of South Jordan approximately 16 miles south of Salt Lake City, Utah. The school resides in a suburban community with homes, apartment complexes and commercial businesses. River's Edge patrons are traditionally eager to be supportive and involved in their student's education.
River's Edge is one of three special education schools located in the Jordan School District. River's Edge School specializes in serving students who need emotional, social, and behavioral support. The school faculty members are dedicated to educating all students to high levels of academic performance as well as teaching them to be responsible, respectful, and safe.
- River's Edge currently serves approximately 45 students ages 8 through 22 with severe emotional, social, and/or behavioral disorders.
- River's Edge is in session 180 days per year on a traditional 9 month calendar with opportunities to attend the ESY program, held during the summer months. The school day begins at 8:00 a.m. and ends at 3:00 p.m.
- The teacher/pupil ratio is approximately 1:5.
- River's Edge is committed to providing learning opportunities for students of all ability levels.
- Teachers work cooperatively in learning communities to meet the needs of students.
- Special programs that are available to all qualifying students are: Speech, Occupational Therapy, Guidance, and Vocational Training.
- River's Edge has one computer lab and each classroom has computers available to assist in the learning and educational needs of students.
- River's Edge has an excellent lunch program. Cost for students is $1.75. Free and reduced price lunches are available to qualifying students.
- River's Edge is not a walk-in school. Each of the students have gone through a Least Restrictive Environment committee and are then referred to attend the school.
- River's Edge has an active School Community Council who provide valuable service to the school.
- Each year, our teachers attend in-service to upgrade and enhance instructional skills.
- Several of our staff have been recognized for outstanding leadership and instructional skills.